Tuesday, July 3, 2007

blah blah

I'd like to tell you what's new and exciting in my life. They are as follows: I have discovered that a) Zoe's (our bar) has the best gyros on the face of the Earth and b) the bathroom at our storehouse doesn't smell bad, and it has a real toilet seat. My definition of "big news" has changed dramatically, what can I say.

I am entirely settled in here -- it's just what I do now. I am comfy and I like it. But I'm also getting frustrated. I don't feel like I'm learning enough. A lot of the focus of the dig is just getting the work done, and not so much with the teaching. I do a lot of pottery washing and very little learning about pottery. I do a lot of digging and very little learning about digging. I understand and recognize the need to get work done. The permit runs out after next year and then it's done, no more diggy at Mitrou. But we paid to be here. I want to learn. Probably too much, but what can you do?

But Zach (the awesome) is teaching me Homeric Greek. And we have a very cool field trip this weekend. Mycenae, Lerna, Napflio, Epidauros, Corinth, Tyrins. Very exciting.

So that's it for this update. I'll be online this weekend again I'm sure. Miss y'all. Happy fourth!

3 comments:

Poison Dragon said...

oh really

Poison Dragon said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha basically is digging fun. probably why do you dig anyway for gold.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.