Saturday, June 2, 2007

Brief Overview

My trip begins wtih three days and four nights in Athens. After cramming in as many museums as I possibly can, I hop on a bus and head north to Tragana for nine weeks of excavation. I'm joining 15 other kids in a field school there, and we'll be learning all about excavating and cataloging and archaeology in general. In addition to that, we will be travelling around to some very cool sites and museums across the country. I have already been to some of them, but I went without any knowledge or understanding of Greece or the ancient world. Since then, I have taken Greek History, Roman History, Intro to Archaeology, Lab Methods in Archaeology, and Greek Art and Archaeology. I took Greek History on a whim, but as you can see, it didn't quite work out how I thought it would (I am clearly no longer an English major). So yeah, I think I will get a bit more out of this trip than the last one. Oh, and I don't have bronchitis this time around. (Bronchitis + Asthma + Athenian smog? I couldn't get enough air in my lungs to speak more than two syllables at a time. Eugh.)

The other great thing? Seeing these sites again gives me the opportunity to fill in some of the gaps in my footage! Hopefully I'll get some more movies online after I get back to the States. See my Delphi vid below!

No comments: