Saturday, June 23, 2007

Greece Greece Greece!

Yes, I have neglected you! I haven't been online since last monday, somehow. I think that's the longest internet break for me in several years. Shocking.

I'm in Athens right now, but they gave us very little free time. They cut short the trip and crammed it full of sites and museums -- but it's alright because John cut that short at 4:30 and let us go free. He's really protective of our free time and our sleep and our general happiness. He honestly wants us to have a good time, and not spend the whole time washing shells in the apothiki. We work hard and we need that break, and he is really the only guy standing up for that.

John's like a walking textbook -- I keep asking so many questions that the other kids all roll their eyes every time I start talking. But I guarantee you I've learned three times more than they have already, and John now tells me stuff specifically related to my interests. Most of the other kids are all hung over and I'm actually there to learn, you know? I didn't give away all this time and spend all of my parents' money in order to get wasted and stumble through museums and not learn anything. I'm here to experience a new culture and a new country and to learn as much as I can about the Greek Bronze Age. And so far I'm having a blast. And I've got two great friends here that think the exact same thing. It's working out. Really, really well. I'm glad I'm here and I'm making the most of it.

I miss you guys all terribly! I don't miss anything else, just the people. I can deal with new food and new scenery -- in fact I absolutely love it here. Everything about it. But I really do miss you guys. I can't wait to see you all in a couple months! Anyway, keep in touch and I'll try to hop online soon.

Much love!
Katie (aka, Xena, Warrior Princess of Mitrou)

No comments: