Saturday, June 9, 2007

I went to the Byzantine Museum, the Numismatics Museum, and the Benaki Museum today. Denise (my prof) took me to the Numismatics Museum, and I finally got to hear her speak Greek. Hah.

I also went and spent about an hour sitting in the Roman Agora and thinking. Dr. Frey says you can learn a lot by just looking at a wall. I think he's right. Mostly though, I just liked being there. I think I might go to the main agora tomorrow with a book (Cavafy's, probably). I can't imagine a better afternoon, honestly. Let's hope the guards don't mind me sitting in the middle of the site, hmm?

I really don't want to leave on monday. I love Athens, both ancient and modern. It's completely different to me than it was last year -- I didn't have my eyes open then, and I wasn't truly willing/able to experience it. Plus I was with a group, and you can't get to know a city until you walk it by yourself all day.

I'm starting to think that I really want to do College Year in Athens if it's at all possible. I can't imagine anything better than living here for a semester or two. I'd probably have to drop a major, which... probably needs to happen anyway.

No comments: