Friday, June 8, 2007

my feet hurt!

I wandered around Polytechnic (the university) and I went to the archaeological museum for awhile this afternoon. I saw statues I've read about all year long... and that's when it really hit me that I'm actually here. I went back up to the second floor, where all of the pottery is, but my camera ran out of batteries so I'll have to go back. Oh no. But yeah, that exhibit is what made me want to take archaeology and greek history last year, so it means a lot now to see it again and to actually know what some of it is. And I saw the (supposed) burial mask of Agamemnon. And there was a golden wreath that said it had just been repatriated from the Getty Museum. Very cool.

After dinner I saw some South American folk singers right by the Roman Agora. I don't understand it, but it's quite an interesting combo.

I also just walked by a petshop selling baby squirrels. There were like 30 in one little bird cage... so sad... and yet also so tempting... Yes yes, have a conscience, etc... but they're fluffy!

No comments: